(H/T Greg Bacon)
Over 40 Palestinian Homes, Structures Demolished in Jordan Valley
TUBAS (Ma’an) — Israeli forces on Thursday destroyed over 40 Palestinian homes and structures in the Tubas district of the occupied West Bank as ongoing Israeli policies in the Jordan Valley continue to drive Palestinians out of their homes.
A Palestinian official from the governor’s office in Tubas, Mutaz Bsharat, told Ma’an that Israeli forces and bulldozers stormed the Palestinian communities of al-Farisiya and Khallet al-Khader and demolished seven homes, displacing seven families.
Forces also demolished 35 structures in the Bardala and Ein al-Baida communities, Bsharat added.
Tubas Mayor Rabih Khandaqji told Ma’an that local and international organizations were carrying out efforts to aid Palestinians displaced during the demolitions and to rebuild destroyed structures.
A spokesperson for Israel’s Coordination of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) did not have immediate information on the demolitions.
Israel has carried out near-daily demolitions in the occupied Palestinian territory since the start of this month and destroyed 42 Palestinian-owned structures in the last week of January alone, displacing 168 people, including 94 children.